1. the act or state of abating or the state of being abated; reduction; decrease; alleviation; mitigation.
2. suppression or termination: abatement of a nuisance; noise abatement.
3. an amount deducted or subtracted, as from the usual price or the full tax.
4. Law. a reduction of a tax assessment. the termination of a nuisance. a wrongful entry on land made by a stranger, after the owner's death and before the owner's heir or devisee has obtained possession. a decrease in the legacies of a will when the assets of an estate are insufficient to pay all general legacies in full.
5. Also called rebatement. Heraldry. a charge or mark that, when introduced into a coat of arms, indicates the owner's disgrace.
"abatementses can be to developments."
"abatementses can be to businesses."
"abatementses can be over yeases."
"abatementses can be for works."
"abatementses can be for landlords."
"abatementses can be as efforts."
"abatementses can apply to taxes."
Similar Nouns to Abatements
Learn More about Abatements